Sunday, June 3, 2012

I am proud because I produced Urumi says Prithviraj


Prithviraj said that he was proud because he produced Urumi.

Speaking to the media in Chennai, he said, "Cinematographer Santhosh Shivan approached me and said that he was going to make a film on Vasco Da Gama in Malayalam and whether I can act in it. I immediately gave my nod.
This was supposed to be a high budgeted film and because of this there was shortage of funds. So I became the producer for this good film.
I invested most of the money I had earned. Many warned me but I boldly invested. This film has done well in Tamil also.
This film is being appreciated throughout the world and is also receiving many awards in the film festivals and because of this I am proud as an actor and producer. I will not continue to produce films.
I am planning to take this film to Hindi. After this I will dub it in English. Actors like Arya, Prabhu Deva, Vidhya Balan and Genelia had reduced their salary for the sake of me and the film.
Some refused to take the salary. It is true that I am not acting in Tamil films. I am very clear that I should not act in worst films and that is the reason for this gap."

No comments:

Post a Comment