Saturday, July 28, 2012

A small chat with Arya

Arya is currently acting in various Tamil films including Erandam Ulagam and Settai.
In a small chat with him:

Selvaraghavan making is of a different genre. Will it suit you?

Why not? How long will I continue to be like this? That is why I have chosen this. I have never paved my path. All this happened because of my first film director Jeeva. After completing my computer education, I was supposed to go to America but director Jeeva caught hold of me and asked me to act in Ullam Ketkumae. He said, "Do this film well and you will like cinema." I never knew anything. I did what he said. After this I got very much interested in cinema as mentioned by him. Instead of going to America, I became a full time actor. I feel that I should act in good films. Erandam Ulagam will be definitely such a one. I am confident that I will be going to next level after this film. I like the way Selvaraghavan makes this film. I have gained lots of experience. I am fully satisfied with him and his film. This film will be new to Tamil cinema.

At the same time you are acting in Settai. This will give you a different colour. Isn’t it?
Sure. That is a different colour. Our only aim is to make the audience laugh. We cannot bring the exact Hindi Delhi Belly to our place. We have reduced the pungency in it. At the same it is a bold story. The combination of director Kannan, Santhanam and Premgi is a new team. This is also a good experience for me.

You are sharing the screen with Ajith. Why this new trend?

I like Ajith very much. He will speak a lot when I meet him. He will speak also about my films. There will be genuineness in him. Every word he speaks will show the interest he has on us. Ajith is a role model for our kind of actors. There are days when I use to think, that if I go cinema I should be like Ajith. I was very much surprised on seeing Ajith sharing with small actors in the film Mankatha. I saw the film Mankatha with great eagerness. One day while director Vishnuvardhan was speaking with me, he said, "Arya, we will all rock together." Now this has happened. I am waiting for Ajith now.

No comments:

Post a Comment