Saturday, July 14, 2012

K V Anand speaks about Maatran

K V Anand while speaking about Maatran said, "Surya is donning the role of conjoined twins in this film. Both of them have opposite characteristics. This is a technically challenging story. Graphics should be perfect.

Many are asking me that how I got this idea. Shankar and I were going abroad for shooting of the song sequence ‘Oru Koodai Sunlight’ for Rajni starrer Sivaji. I happened to read the National Geographic Magazine.

There was a story about the birth of conjoined twins in Thailand in that magazine. There was a flash in my mind. When I came back to India, I started searching for such kind of twins. I got surprising information about these twins. With this I wove the story of Maatran. One of them has positive thoughts while the other one has crooked thoughts.
In real life also, there are twins like these. There are two minds in a body. Surya has done a fantastic job in this film. He has put all his efforts in this film which he has supposed to do in three films. I told him the story during the Ayan days itself. He listened to the story. Once I completed Ko, he asked me whether we can take the twins story in the hands.

We immediately started after doing a lot of homework. The names of the twins Surya are Akilan and Vimalan. Vimalan is a good boy. He will write poems. He helps others and eats vadais. He will not tell lies. Akilan is direct opposite to him. He will speak English, Pizza party and dating youngster. If Vimalan is a good boy, Akilan is a play boy. Surya has wonderful performance can be seen in this film. There is no separate comedian in this film. Surya is responsible for this."

No comments:

Post a Comment