Friday, April 13, 2012

I will get a good name in Kochadaiyaan says Rukmani


Actress Rukmani made her debut as a heroine through the Tamil film Bommalattam directed by Bharathiraja. Rukmani who was born in Bangalore is an exponent in the classical dance Bharatanatyam. She has learnt this dance right from her child hood days.

 Rukmani’s strength is her self confidence and over boldness. After Bommalattam, she acted in the film Ananda Thandavam. Now she seems to be tensed because she is acting in Rajni starrer Kochadaiyaan.
When asked her that why there is was big gap, she said, "Cinema is not important to me. Since I learnt Bharatanatyam right from my child hood days, which is my life. In between I acted in some films. After that I did not get any good films. As usual I was conducting dance programmes abroad.
Now also I have got a dance programme in America. I always feel that I should act in the roles that have scope for acting. I am not interested in coming and going in a film. Though I am ready to act in films, I am not getting any good films. The historical film Kochadaiyaan in which I am acting now will fetch me a good name."

No comments:

Post a Comment